I love ratatouille, it’s comforting, healthy and packed full of flavour. In the cooler months it’s perfect to eat piping hot from the oven but in the summer I love to eat it cold the next day. This isn’t a particularly authentic version but it’s faster and I love the flavour of roasted vegetables.
It’s a great way to get a good intake of vegetables, plus it’s so simple and delicious that it’s a great recipe to have in your repertoire.
The vegetables are roasted until tender and caramelised and the cherry tomatoes add a wonderful burst of freshness. Eggplant needs to be well cooked to make it juicy and flavoursome, so it takes a good sixty minutes in the oven. It’s perfect served with brown rice or quinoa.
- 3 zucchinis (courgette), chopped
- 2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 eggplants (aubergine), chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Chop the vegetables into cubes and add to a large roasting tray
- Add garlic, chilli and olive oil to the tray along with the cherry tomatoes and mix well
- Season well with oregano and pepper
- Pop in oven and cook for 60 minutes. Take out of the oven every 20 minutes to stir